Implant-based prosthetics is a modern solution for missing teeth. A titanium implant is used as a substitute for the root of a missing tooth, because titanium is biocompatible with human tissue, meaning that it does not cause allergic reactions.
Implant-based prosthetics include:
- Implant-based single tooth restoration;
- Implant-based dental bridges;
- Implant-based removable dentures.
Implants are widely used in modern dentistry primarily because implant systems function independently and do not affect surrounding natural teeth. Additionally, using implants also help ensure a highly aesthetic result.
Before undergoing implant-based prosthetics treatments at our clinic, patients receive:
- Full examination of the oral cavity;
- Consultation about the possible treatment options and their approximate costs;
- Surgical consultation based on x-ray examination that will determine the best surgery technique and treatment plan.
When the implant has been inserted, depending on the specific case, prosthetic restoration can either be performed immediately, or the patient may need to wait for the implant to grow into the bone (osseointegrate) before prosthetic restoration can begin.